I never owned a stitching machine earlier than this, because of the cost and difficulty of using those machines. But recently, I noticed that I have been spending a lot of money on outsourcing my stitching work, professional tailors charge you more even for small stitching work also. So I decided to have a small machine to myself, to learn and to repair my clothes whenever necessary instead of taking them to the professionals.
Why to chose Janome 712t used a treadle sewing machine?
While searching, I found this one good machine, Janome 712t used treadle sewing machine. You must be wondering, why I am choosing a used machine. Well, for beginners and for budget buyers, this option is the best. If you search in the market and online platforms, this machine will definitely cost you around $340-$350, which is around 25,000 to 30,000 in Indian currency. I just thought to myself, is it really necessary to spend such a big amount at the beginning stage? Well, it’s not necessary, when you can get lot of Janome 712T used treadle sewing machines.
The Janome 712T used treadle sewing machine is a great machine for those who want to get started in sewing but are on a budget. Janome does an excellent job of including all the essentials with this machine. I highly recommend it. Rated 5 out of 5 by many users as the best machine ever, I absolutely love this machine, lightweight and easy to use. This machine I got is barely used and in good condition. And moreover, I got it at a very affordable and reasonable price online.
Features of the Janome 712t Sewing Machine
- The 712T is a non-electrical power source sewing machine; it works based a treadle foot control. So you don’t need to worry about electricity consumption and usage.
- It has ten utility stitches, a buttonhole stitch, and a flatbed design to fit any of your existing sewing cabinets.
- Comes with 10 built-in stitches and a stitch selection dial, and a push-or-pull bobbin winder.
- It comes with an easily readable User Manual/guide, which easily explains the “How to Use the Janome 712T Sewing Machine” question of every user. With this sewing machine, beginners and students will learn to sew and use Janome 712T treadle sewing machine just in a few simpler steps.
- The maximum stitch length with this machine is 4mm and the stitch width is 5mm.
- It is necessary to have a treadle-operated sewing table to run the Janome 712T Sewing Machine. The machine also works in the standard treadle cabinets.
- Comes with a Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
How to Use the Janome 712t Sewing Machine?
Janome 712t Sewing Machine comes with a handy and very structured user manual, that explains each and every feature of this sewing machine and how to use Janome 712t sewing machine.
The manual explains its different parts, how to attach and detach the machine and cabinet, types of stitches and their uses, how to wind and use the bobbin, inclusions, and exclusions in the machine, threading the machine, reverse stitches, common issues you face with the system, their causes and solutions also. You can also download the complete online manual for Janome 712t sewing machine here.
Compared to some other machines, this Janome 712t sewing machine does a better job in terms of stitching on elastic and knit fabrics. While some vintage machines don’t allow stitching on elastic fabrics. One important thing to consider before placing an order to this Janome 712t treadle sewing machine is it requires a treadle-operated sewing cabinet to run this machine, which you need to buy separately or use the existing one in your house.
Considering customer reviews on different E-commerce platforms like Amazon, eBay, Flipkart, Sewvacdirect, and many others, customers rated it as a “Solid and good quality machine” with an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5. As per my analysis, below are some of the Pros and Cons of the Janome 712t treadle sewing machine.
Pros or Likes of the machine:
- The user manual is very well explained even for beginners.
- The machine doesn’t make more noise, and it is quiet while using
- It is easy to thread and easy to attach or load the bobbin.
- Come with 10 different built-in stitches, while many other similar-priced machines don’t offer
- This machine doesn’t consume and needs electricity which means no power wastage on your learning.
- The best part is that you get to exercise while using this treadle-based sewing machine.
Cons or Dislikes of the Machine:
- The machine doesn’t come with a treadle-based sewing table which is mandatory for running this machine.
- As per the users, this doesn’t fit into all the treadle cabinets, so make sure you check all the parameters properly before resuming.
- Though it supports a wide variety of stitching works, this is not recommended for very heavy stitching like Jeans. You can use it occasionally on Jean’s hem, but try to stitch slowly.
- It comes with a push or pulls bobbin winding, while some other machines are Auto-declutch type. Well, it depends on the price also
Some of the standard accessories of the Janome 712t treadle sewing machine:
- Blind Hem Foot and Rolled hem foot
- Bobbin – transparent case and clear bobbins
- Sliding Buttonhole Foot
- Over edge Foot
- Seam ripper
- Zig-Zag foot
My overall conclusion on Janome 712t treadle sewing machine:
The Janome 712t is an excellent choice for a reliable machine. With a powerful motor and 10 built-in stitches, make garments, quilts, and other household items effortlessly with this machine. This sewing machine will be sure to meet your needs! Janome 712T Treadle Sewing Machine is a perfect addition to a sewing machine collection. And its large variety of features helps you complete tasks in an efficient and accurate manner. The machine is designed for quick, accurate, and high-quality results. This machine is also quite affordable, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking to buy a new machine.Plagiarism 1 Download Now